Leszek’s main area of expertise is in corporate income tax. During his career he has offered ongoing advisory services to clients in all areas, depending on their expectations and requirements. From the start, he has been involved in numerous projects connected with using various tax incentives. His vast experience includes the comprehensive service for taxpayers on all levels, from planning through application for relief to the setting-up of tax settlements.
Chosen areas of expertise include:
- ongoing tax advisory in the area of CIT, PIT, VAT, PCC and local fees and taxes;
- securing tax position within restructuring processes, including the implementation of mechanisms offered by other tax jurisdiction (i.e. German Organschaftsmodell);
- client representation in tax proceedings;
- client support in adapting tax settlements to the changing regulations and judicature;
- tax settlements of investment projects on the basis of CIT and real estate tax;
- projects connected with the expansion of Special Economic Zones (SSE);
- several dozen permits obtained for clients for doing business in the area of Special Economic Zones as well as the decisions on support within the so called Polish Investment Zone (PSI);
- numerous successful projects concerning change of zone permit conditions, including the scope of validity extension, scope expansion or lowering conditions;
- advisory in the scope of tax settlements within SSE and PSI, including transfer settlements between zone and out of zone activities, verification of classification codes, discount calculations, tax planning in the area of secure possibilities for increasing tax relief and so on, and also effective defense of applied principles during tax and control proceedings;
- client support in obtaining other reliefs, including subsidy from the so-called Zone Fund, R&D tax relief, IP-Box and real estate tax exemptions.
Another area of Leszek’s expertise is transfer pricing. In this area, his professional experience covers comprehensive support i.a. preparing statutory transfer pricing documentation (incl. comparative analysis), participation in shaping of transfer pricing policy, and also ongoing tax advisory concerning the correctness of TP settlements and dealings with tax authorities.
Leszek advises clients from various branches of industry, in particular automotive, furniture and construction, aerospace, modern services (mainly IT and R&D) and also FMCG.